29 November 2018
Transforming Financial Services: Chairs Welcome and Opening Comments
Keynote: Accelerating the Development of DLT through International Collaboration
Moving distributed ledger technology off the drawing board and into reality and the importance of the network effect.
Panel: Maximising the Potential of Blockchain for Financial Services
Identifying applications: what problems can blockchain technology realistically solve?
Building partnerships: how can FinTechs and incumbents drive innovation together?
When can we realistically hope to see widespread adoption of blockchain technology in financial services?
Nordea’s Blockchain Journey: Separating Hype From Reality
- Building networks of value
- Lessons learned: governance, integration and law
- Permissioned vs. permissionless
Panel: The Challenges for the Banking Industry
- How the financial markets will be dramatically changed by smart contracts, decentralised identity and reputation
- Building standard transaction formats to encourage enterprise blockchain apps
- Cryptocurrencies and smart contracts
- Decentralised identity and reputation
- Disintermediation and automation of processes – Enabling direct ownership and transfer of digital assets and automation of capabilities on the ledger
Distributed Ledger Technology: Turning Theory into Practice
The Security Implications of Blockchain in Financial Services
Afternoon Keynote: Blockchain; Turning the Financial World on its Head
Panel: Insurance – Understanding the Opportunities and Threats for Blockchain in the Insurance Industry
- How blockchain can innovate insurance products and services for growth, increasing effectiveness in fraud detection and pricing, and reducing administrative cost.
- Examining how blockchain can address the competitive challenges many insurance providers face, including poor customer engagement, limited growth in mature markets, and the trends of digitization.
- How blockchain can facilitate growth for insurers: improving customer engagement, enabling cost-efficient product offerings for emerging markets, and enabling the development of insurance products related to the Internet of Things.
Transforming Wholesale Insurance
Examining how blockchain can address the competitive challenges many insurance providers face, including poor customer engagement, limited growth in mature markets, and the trends of digitization
Transforming Peer to Peer Payments
- The blockchain mobile payments revolution
- P-2-P lending – how blockchain based mobile apps are bypassing traditional banks’ paperwork and regulations
- Regulatory compliance on public transaction ledgers, to provide decentralised transactions that are secure but transparent.
- Discussing mobile blockchain wallets – is there a need for multicurrency and cross platform wallets?
- How can this technology provide universal access to secure banking?
Panel: Building Partnerships to Help Grow Financial Services Blockchain Solutions
- The potential of distributed ledger technology for bank clearing systems
- Examining how blockchain technologies can cut the costs of payment processing infrastructures
- The challenges to transform financial market technology platforms where standards must be secure, scalable and adaptable
- The payments and revenue cycle – how payment settlements, reconciliation and cash management can be optimised