29 November 2017
Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: Understanding Blockchain Technologies & Markets
- Examining what blockchain systems can do
- Understanding how blockchain applications are built
- What are the benefits of blockchain technologies?
- Decentralization of technology, public ledger systems, immutable transactions
Keynote: Building Cloud based blockchain development environments
- How cloud could be re-invented with blockchain development
- Blockchain facilitates the transaction as the transport or processing of data and cloud provides the logistics platform for that data – how do they both combine to provide a verifiable data supply chain for enterprises?
Case study: Disney’s dragonchain blockchain platform
President and Founder
10:10AM - Day 1
- Public/private hybrid blockchain model
- Integration of multi currency features
- Proof of work (PoW) as chain verification
- Open source and data security
. Joe Roets, President and Founder, Dragonchain Foundation
Panel: The future of bitcoin and blockchain technologies:
- The potential of crypto currencies in an increasingly digital world
- Central banks in a world where digital currencies are available as an alternative to reserve currency
- Bitcoin as an economic incentive for securing permissionless Blockchain
- How digital money and cryptocurrencies like bitcoin could help prevent terrorist financing, money laundering, fraud and tax evasion
Keynote: Government Blockchains – Examining public services & the opportunity blockchain technology presents
Governor Inslee's ICT Industry Sector Lead & State of Washington ICT Economic Development Director
State of Washington
11:50AM - Day 1
- Use of blockchain for voting and/or sentiment polling
- Use of blockchain in government-sponsored clean energy transactions
- Use of blockchain in authenticating claims for tax incentives
- Exploring the use of smart contract applications for use in a government administration systems.
- What is the role for government in supporting the development of distributed ledgers to develop a clear vision of how this technology can improve the way government does its business
- Governments role in supporting and influencing the development of economic activity with blockchain technologies
- How Government Data Service should lead work in government as a user of distributed ledgers
. Joseph Williams, Governor Inslee's ICT Industry Sector Lead & State of Washington ICT Economic Development Director, State of Washington
Case Study: General Electric and digital transformation in a multinational corporation
Strategy General Manager
12:20PM - Day 1
- Blockchain adoption – merging new and old technology and its interoperability
- Moving at pilot test speed – all the time
- Creativity, technology and strategy to drive productivity and increase efficiency
. Maja Vujinovic, Strategy General Manager, General Electric
Panel: Smart Contract Management & Innovation
- The evolution of smart contract management to self-execution self-enforcing contracts that greatly reduce costs and risks for individuals and businesses
- How to ingest the trigger event to start the engine of the smart contract
- Understanding the variety of uses of smart contracts from property, M2M, legal
Panel: Blockchain in the healthcare system
- Moving patient data within the blockchain
- Data sharing in healthcare – patient privacy and security
- Increased trial visibility; automated patient consent and patient privacy
. Diego Espinoza, CEO, Healthcoin
. John Bass, Founder and CEO, Hashed Health
Keynote: What are the regulatory implications of using blockchain technologies
Vice President, Counsel for Regulation and Developing Technologies
Financial Services Roundtable/BITS
- Do regulations need to adjust classification of currencies and commodities?
- How will regulation address taxation, money laundering, security and other issues blockchain may present
- Examining the regulation and compliance challenges of deploying blockchain technologies across industry
. Josh Magri, Vice President, Counsel for Regulation and Developing Technologies, Financial Services Roundtable/BITS
Panel: The challenges for the banking industry
- How the financial markets will be dramatically changed by smart contracts, decentralised identity and reputation
- Cryptocurrencies and smart contracts
- Decentralised identity and reputation
- Disintermediation and automation of processes – Enabling direct ownership and transfer of digital assets and automation of capabilities on the ledger
Keynote: Ethereum and the cryptoeconomics
- Proof of work and hashes
- Where and how blockchain-based systems can go wrong
- Censorship resistance and scalable validation
Close of Conference
30 November 2017
Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: How blockchain can disrupt multiple industries from energy, insurance, IoT, healthcare, telecoms and more
- Examining the impact Blockcahin technologies could have across multiple industries
- How blockchain technology can take a networked business models to a new level by supporting a whole host of breakthrough applications
- The best public blockchain platforms and emerging technologies
- Creating a better sharing economy, and a ledger of everything
Corda: a unique approach to distributed ledgers
Richard Gendal Brown
09:40AM - Day 2
- Corda is open-source, has a growing community of developers inside banks and elsewhere.
- Corda has been designed with the collaboration and commitment of architects and engineers from more than 70 of the world’s largest banks, insurance firms, information providers and exchanges.
- Corda achieves the distributed ledger promise of “I know that what I see is what you see” in a simple, unique way.
. Richard Gendal Brown, CTO, R3
Panel: Blockchain and its application in the Energy market
- How Blockcahin will contribute to a change in the business models within the energy sector, and how can it build credibility
- Examining how blockchain technology can provide some upgrades existing systems or can replace legacy ones.
- Blockchain applications for energy trading – and selling energy from your own systems
- Supporting community energy models, electricity termination, verification of green electricity certificates, and automates reading of smart meters mare but a few areas discussed
Case Study: Gospel technology – Enterprise Trust Fabric
Founder & CEO
10:40AM - Day 2
- How data is secured and an immutable record of activity and interaction is retained to track and ensure the privacy of associated elements.
- Enterprise Trust Fabric that enables business to connect their digital assets including containers, applications, and data to an enterprise distributed ledger.
- Real Time identification of abnormal behaviour and data breaches via key trust indicators within the ledger
. Ian Smith, Founder & CEO, Gospel Technology
Panel: Bitcoin – the technology of trust
- Physical, digital and distributed ledgers
- Bitcoins as an accurate measure of value
- Will distributed ledgers supporting Bitcoin maintain an accurate record of the creation and ownership of all Bitcoins?
- Peer to peer payments and cryptocurrency wallets
. Justin Newton, CEO, Netki
Keynote: Blockchain and the Telecoms marketplace
- Understanding the blockchain opportunities for the telecoms marketplace
- Examining next-generation blockchains and their impact on telecoms operational areas including billing, eSIM provisioning, number portability databases and mobile money.
- What are the different use cases from OSS and BSS processes, Connectivity provisioning and roaming to identity management, smart cites, and mobile money.
- Barriers to adoption of blockchain in the telecoms industry?
Panel: IoT: Blockchain as the key enabler for realising the IoT vision.
- How blockchain technologies can be use to settle scalability, privacy and reliability concerns in the Internet-of-Things
- Examining how blockchain technology can be used in tracking billions of connected devices, enable the processing of transactions and coordination between devices, allow for significant savings to IoT industry manufacturers.
- Ethereum technologies as a way of controlling and operating the Internet of Things (IoT), to control objects in the physical world
Panel: Securing Blockchain Applications
- Building secure blockchain-based applications
- Blockchain applications do provide safety over alternative solutions, however they are one facet of a larger system that is not hack proof. How do we secure operating system environments, auditing and a myriad of other security issues
- If blockchain is to be used in multiple enterprises, what are the key security considerations?
Case study: Mærsk and the revolution in container shipping
Chief Digital Officer
02:30PM - Day 2
- Launch of an industry-wide supply chain solution using blockchain technology
- Blockchain powered bills of landing
- Quality control and integrity of containers
- Cost savings across the ocean shipping industry ecosystem
. Ibrahim Gokcen, Chief Digital Officer , Maersk
Panel: Building partnerships to help grow financial services blockchain solutions
- The potential of distributed ledger technology for bank clearing systems
- Examining how blockchain technologies can cut the costs of payment processing infrastructures
- The challenges to transform financial market technology platforms where standards must be secure, scalable and adaptable
- The payments and revenue cycle – how payment settlements, reconciliation and cash management can be optimised
Keynote: Insurance: Understanding the opportunities and threats for Blockchain in the Insurance industry
- How blockchain can innovate insurance products and services for growth, increasing effectiveness in fraud detection and pricing, and reducing administrative cost.
- Examining how blockchain can address the competitive challenges many insurance providers face, including poor customer engagement, limited growth in mature markets, and the trends of digitization.
- How blockchain can facilitate growth for insurers: improving customer engagement, enabling cost-efficient product offerings for emerging markets, and enabling the development of insurance products related to the Internet of Things.
Panel: What does the future hold for Blockchain technology – where do we think we will be in 2030?
- What challenges will have to be overcome for global adoption, and how will blockchain transform industries?