Day 2 - 14 November 2019
Fintech, Securities & Regulation: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Distributed Ledger Technology: Turning Theory into Practice
Blockchain and insurance
Morning Keynote: Blockchain – turning the financial world on it’s head
Panel: Maximising the potential of blockchain for finance systems
- Identifying applications: what problems can blockchain technology realistically solve?
- Building partnerships: how can FinTechs and other businesses drive innovation together?
- When can we realistically hope to see widespread adoption of blockchain technology in financial systems?
Crypto securities & regulation
How blockchain can help USA regulators
Panel: Blockchain and the evolution of investment
- Looking to the future of equity markets – how will asset management change?
- Tokenisation of assets – The changing behaviour of investors
- Opening up to a new marketplace of millennials
- Do we actually need the intermediaries?
Blockchain for Securities Trading
Afternoon Keynote: The future of regulation
Panel: Crypto and blockchain – Threat or opportunity for financial services?
- Traditional banking methods – Current dependence on centralized service providers or entities.
- Pros & cons of Decentralized Financial System. Barriers & regulation.
- Timeline of the movement. The extent & limitations on the inclusion of blockchain, crypto asset, & currencies.
- How blockchain can innovate FINTECH products & services for growth, increasing effectiveness in fraud detection & pricing, & reducing admin costs.
- Advantages of security, borderless transaction settlement, efficient payment clearance, secondary Market Trading & Clearing, Primary Market Issuance, & IPOs.