Day 2 - 5 November 2020
Sir John Hargrave
10:30AM - Day 2
Crypto & Digital Assets: Chairs Opening Remarks
Crypto & digital asset investment track welcome & opening remarks
. Sir John Hargrave, CEO, Media Shower
Keynote: What will be the tipping point for crypto going mainstream?
- Why Libra wasn’t such a bad idea; Who can take this concept forward from a position of trust?
- Looking at how blockchain is improving the end-to-end payments journey for customers.
- How tokenisation and innovation is changing investment as we know it.
Presentation: The future of European regulation of crypto assets
- Parliament taking their time; Should we be self-regulating as a community?
- Could the economic downturn speed things up again?
- Why regulation can only be a positive thing for the industry.
John Henry Clippinger
Executive Director & CEO | Co-Founder | Advisor
Token Commons Foundation | TokenMaster | Atonomi | MIT Media Lab + more
11:35AM - Day 2
Presentation: Blockchain for sustainability – Tokenisation for the environment
- How tokenisation is delivering blockchain’s potential for environmental sustainability.
- Exploring amazing use case where blockchain is already helping streamline supply chain, distribute energy, stop deforestation.
- How you can tokenise to allow for easy redistribution of resources; Lessons learned from the Coronavirus
. John Henry Clippinger, Executive Director & CEO | Co-Founder | Advisor, Token Commons Foundation | TokenMaster | Atonomi | MIT Media Lab + more
Presentation: Crypto going mainstream: How can we keep our digital assets safe?
- Looking at the new payment systems that allow for true decentralisation.
- Step by step guide to crypto security best practice.
- Looking at how to get away from lengthy encryption keys?
Panel: The token revolution: The tokenisation of digital assets
- What can be tokenised, how can it be tokenised, and what are the benefits?
- Investigating how regulation has and will change the perception of tokens.
- A look at real life use cases where tokenisation has been successfully used.
- Exploring industry trends and what to look out for over the next year.
Keynote: The tokenisation of Fiat $ € ¥ £
- Fiat stablecoin; The project everyone has been working on behind the scenes.
- Looking at European central banks’ movements towards a new financial marketplace.
- What would this mean for mainstream fiat?
Presentation: Blockchain and co-opetition – Lessons from KYC in banking
- Exploring how blockchain can help companies to reduce risks of cooperative competition by predefining and enforcing the respective ecosystem rules of engagement on-chain.
- Discussing some of the emerging approaches using KYC (know your customer) processes and ecosystems as an example.
Presentation: The exchange of digital assets as securities
- Demonstration of digital assets being traded as securities
- Looking into the new way that assets are exchanging hands.
- An investigation into how regulation is rapidly changing this space.
Presentation: Keeping the blockchain running for mining
- Understanding why mining is so important.
- Examples of mining pools – who holds the power and what is the backup?
- How mining is evolving, from server farms to the palm of your hand.
- Myth busting mining: The facts that that you probably don’t know.
Presentation: When will the crypto industry finally grow up?
- A look at how digital assets are becoming more and more mainstream.
- Why the days of the Wild West are over?
- Why the industry needs to grow up and offer users products they understand as well as regulators and partners they are willing to work with.
- Why people will never fully understand Bitcoin but understand financial freedom.
Presentation: Protect your blockchain private keys for every transaction
- A look at the state of the crypto market.
- We look at enterprise-grade software-only key management.
- Why we need a safe key protection platform to go mainstream.
Panel: Decentralised finance vs. Banking
- What is DeFi? Understanding the decentralised finance landscape.
- Experts from banking will explore the new decentralised banking format and how it can work alongside traditional banking.
- Exploring regulation and security around tradeable assets and why new security is needed.
- How wide could this go and when?