29 November 2017
Chair introduction and opening remarks
Panel : How can developers make the most of the blockchain opportunity?
- Examining open source blockchain development
- How to develop scalable solutions
- Building in security around regulatory compliance and accountability
- Leverage existing codebases, workflows, and development ecosystems
- Getting started with a highly scalable Ethereum compliant blockchain
Panel: Blockchain from the investor’s perspective: A VC view of the marketplace
Senior Strategic Analyst
L'Atelier BNP Paribas US
02:00PM - Day 1
According to Markets and Markets, the global blockchain technology market is expected to rise from $210m in 2016 to $2.31bn by 2021. In this session, leading venture capitalists and investors will examine the emerging blockchain technology landscape and why there is so much attention around the sector.
- The opportunities for blockchain from an investor and VC viewpoint
- What are the advantages of blockchain to investors when compared to other emerging technologies?
- What criteria are VC’s looking for to invest in blockchain start-ups
bext360 utilizes machine vision and artificial intelligence (AI) to source high-quality agricultural products directly from the source.
bext360 wants to make it easier for coffee farmers to get a fair price, and get paid instantly, for their beans.
The company built a mobile robot that is something like a sophisticated scale. It allows buyers of coffee to rapidly analyze the quality of and weigh a farmer’s product in the field. The robot uses optical sorting to understand what percent of coffee cherries look perfect or spoiled in a batch. A batch, typically a 30-40 lb. bag, will get higher or lower marks, which are revealed to both buyers and farmers on the spot. They then negotiate a fair price through bext360’s mobile app.
bext360 makes digital/mobile payments to the farmers, communities, banks, and other stakeholders utilizing block chain payments directly to the stakeholders. The bext360 system then tracks the goods from the source to the end consumer, allowing the end consumer to interact directly with the communities that provide the goods.
Close of Conference
30 November 2017
Panel: How to Build a blockchain Fintech startup?
- Understanding the critical role investment plays in building you’re blockchain start up
- The strategy behind building and guiding the development of ecosystems
- Creating disruptive solutions to real world problems using blockchain
Disruptors in Fintech – we examine the latest in a range of blockchain start ups, and their perspective on the marketplace