Day 2 - 29 November 2018
Blockchain Technologies: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Learn the most important characteristics a blockchain-based business must have
- Understand the fatal flaw of today’s decentralized business models
- Gain a healthy skepticism about any blockchain business, regardless of its business model
10:20AM - Day 2
Which blockchains are the most scalable…and truly decentralized? An independent view
- What are the barriers to scalability? Deploying Testnets.
- How can you validate new blockchains for scalability and resilience?
- Real world benchmarks comparing blockchains in a deterministic way
10:40AM - Day 2
10:40AM - Day 2
04:00PM - Day 2
Keynote Panel: What Does the Future Hold for Blockchain Technology in the Luxury Goods Industry?
- Recognizing counterfeit merchandise – provenance through blockchain
- Blockchain, standing the test of time
- Transparency for both the trader and the consumer
- Use cases in retail, art, wine, and tourism
Invest in the world’s most valuable paintings
- Securitization of multi-million dollar artwork
- Reg A+ and democratization
- Buys, sell and trade (ERC 20)
12:20PM - Day 2
Blockchain and the Enterprise
Learn why Enterprise companies are rapidly adopting blockchain technology and how this means big business for the blockchain industry. Discover the use cases, key barriers to adoption, and latest innovations and trends for the Enterprise market.
12:40PM - Day 2
Hello Diamonds Blockchain – Stable, regulated, tangible and solid
- Why a stable coin?
- Why a diamond?
- The benefits of incentivized economies, without the volatility
Onwards – Advancement of blockchain and crypto: Revolutionizing the idea of wallet in the world
- Roadblocks to mass adoption
- Embrace the inevitable – AML compliance
- Coexistence of compliance and non-compliance
Blockchain Applications Hype or Reality
Dr Ian Gauci
02:30PM - Day 2
The new blockchain and crypto framework of Malta
- The new DLT regime
- Malta’s approach towards Innovation
- The virtual financial assets regime
Blockchain and IoT
Estée Lauder Companies Inc.
03:30PM - Day 2
What will the promise of decentralised record sharing mean to enterprises?
We’ve all heard much about decentralized record sharing, join this session to take a deep dive into:
- The Similarities and differences between centralized and decentralized blockchains
- The advantages and disadvantages of both centralized and decentralized chains
- Explore current application of decentralized records sharing across several industries
- Take a glimpse in the future of how decentralization will change the world as we know it today
Dr Frank Li
BETREASURY Asset Management AG
03:50PM - Day 2
Using blockchain technology to realize payment and settlement
Founder and Chairman
TrustedKey Systems, Inc
04:10PM - Day 2
10:20AM - Day 2
Digital Identity: An Ecosystem Approach
Digital identity has been called the “engine of the digital economy”, yet a pervasive, portable identity system has been elusive. This talk will discuss an approach that includes key industry verticals, while addressing issues such as privacy, friction and regulations.
04:30PM - Day 2
The Invisible Boom
In this bear market, there continues to be an uptrend in a particular industry; Virtual goods purchases in Online Games and VR. In this presentation ViMarket show how it taps into this thriving economy using its blockhain powered Virtual Universe, “ViRSE” and its native ViR Token
04:40PM - Day 2
12:30PM - Day 1
Key challenges in the securities tokenisation process
- Regulatory requirements and their accommodation on the blockchain
- The need to establish and maintain ring-fenced transaction space/platform on the blockchain
- Compatibility and interoperability of the ring-fenced platform with future regulated security token exchanges
- The payment of dividend/interest, their organisation on the blockchain and key risks involved
- Entry and exit points to fiat and the need for banks, custodians and other third parties