Day 1 - 28 November 2018
Blockchain Platforms & Strategies: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
- Understanding Blockchain Platforms
- What can the variety of platforms offer you?
- Top 25 blockchain platforms – a summary of who you will hear from today
Morning Keynote: Leveraging the correct platform for your business needs
Hurdles to overcome moving from pilot to POC
Panel: The benefits and challenges of incorporating Blockchain platforms into your business model
- What competencies can blockchain technology deliver to business?
- Implementing a successful strategy
- What other hurdles must be overcome for full adoption?
Panel: Governance and regulation in Blockchain business networks
- Challenges blockchain technology presents for legislators and governments
- The establishment of regulation and standards for interoperable blockchains – case examples
- How will these address issues blockchain technology may present?
- Examining the regulation and compliance challenges of deploying blockchain technologies across industry
Unravelling the maze of providers – what works for your business
Developing prototypes for Blockchain services
Afternoon Keynote: Building and operating an enterprise ready Blockchain platform
Senior Vice President | Global Chief Technology Architect
02:30PM - Day 1
11:40AM - Day 2
Panel: The race towards interoperability
- Achieving the balance – discussing the trade-off between blockchain platforms security, privacy, efficiency, flexibility, ease of use, reliability and governance
- What is Interoperability and how will it benefit blockchain users?
- The ability to interoperate between blockchain platforms to achieve the balance– challenges and benefits.
CEO & Founder
03:10PM - Day 1
Permissioned and permissionless ledgers
Renault Innovation Silicon Valley
04:00PM - Day 1
02:20PM - Day 2
Strategies of implementing blockchain in the automotive industry
Vice President, Technology & Innovation
Synchrogenix, a Certara company
04:20PM - Day 1
Strategies for tracking drug shortage using Blockchain
This session will develop into the practical considerations and approach taken to develop a large scale distributed ledger technology implementation for tracking drug shortage in the pharma industry.
This discussion will also address the rationale for the design and implementation approach, architectural components, complementary use cases, lessons learned and the roadmap going forward.
Closing the strategy gap – what next?
Now blockchain technology has been identified to have the possibly to solve some of the most pressing problems in business and society today, there is a large gap in these ideas becoming reality, mainly due to lack of effective strategy. Companies need to dismantle and re-evaluate old conceptions and business models for using the technology – but where to start?