Day 1 - 4 November 2020
Blockchain For Enterprise: Chairs Opening Remarks
09:45AM - Day 1
Opening Keynote: Success Stories of Deploying Blockchain and Lessons Learned
- Looking into a step by step guide to running a successful pilot and taking it to the next level
- Exploring the key challenges faced in deployment.
- Practical tools for getting the board onside.
- Balancing regulatory requirements with blockchain principles.
- Examining strategies for overcoming key hurdles.
Keynote: Blockchain to Underpin the Emerging Technology Ecosystem
- A look at how enterprises are adopting emerging technology to stay ahead of the game.
- Discussing how the emerging technologies interlink; Blockchain, IoT and AI.
- Looking at how blockchain can catapult your enterprise’s digital transformation.
Keynote Panel: Moving into the next phase – Blockchain in action
- Experts showcase their successful and unsuccessful blockchain pilots.
- Lessons learned from significant proof-of-concepts.
- Examining real-world examples of blockchain projects demonstrating tangible progress.
- Exploring how to determine if your experiment was a success.
Presentation: Blockchain in use for the Government
- Working on a connection between various governments & blockchain solutions.
- Taking pilot projects up to the next level.
Keynote: How to Implement a Full-Scale Blockchain Solution for Enterprise?
- Exploring how to engage leadership in the long-term vision to get ahead of the competition.
- Demonstrating the benefits to the business.
- Setting up a structure for forward thinking innovation and smooth implementation.
- Facing up to the risks, challenges, and pain points.
CEO and Founder
MOBI: Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative
12:45PM - Day 1
Presentation: Blockchain goes Global; Leveraging Blockchain for Transformation
- Arguments that blockchain is just one of many databases that is not yet very good, or very fast, or very scalable,
- Understanding that what blockchain does, it does very well.
- Exploring why blockchain will become transformative where authenticity is critical, which gets you to things like global clearance, the global supply chain, healthcare, and aerospace.
- Investigating how we will get there.
- Examining if it will take an open model to build out the protocols
- Will it require ‘coopetition’ between and across industries, and around the world?
Presentation: Revolutionising the 300-year old goods trade industry
- Understanding why globalisation is key to creating a network of suppliers.
- Why trade finance is ripe for innovation? Paper ledgers vs. DLT.
- Setting up the CONTOUR initiative; Collaboration with HSBC, BP and more.
Head of Digital Asset Markets
02:45PM - Day 1
Panel: Old vs. new age trading – The vision for the future of trading
- Institutional vs. decentralised investment: Examining the value proposition of decentralised markets.
- Retail vs institutional access: Should future global markets access be democratised?
- Examining the roadblocks to full-scale implementation: Regulation and scalability.
- The future of digital asset trading custody and settlement; Where will we be in 5 years’ time?
Presentation: Digital assets on the stock exchange – What will this new landscape look like?
- Why is crypto back on the scene in a big way?
- Can investing into crypto really spread the risk in your investment portfolio?
- Who is involved and who is going to get left behind?
- How regulation has already, and will, affect the growth of the new financial marketplace.
Workshop: Blockchain for business, from proof of concepts to unicorns
• Exploring ways in which you can develop blockchain-enabled business models.
• Evaluating your blockchain ecosystem strategy.
• Looking at how you can create a business case around blockchain.
• Practical applications of blockchain, based on an example from the aerospace industry.
Blockchain For Enterprise: Chairs Closing Remarks
End of Session
Day 2 - 5 November 2020
Blockchain For Enterprise – Chairs Opening Remarks
Panel: Mobilising the World with Blockchain – Transformation Through Collaboration
- Discuss the collaboration efforts on a new connected infrastructure.
- Collaboration across the ecosystem; How blockchain is already streamlining the supply chain.
- Peer-to-peer infrastructure; Exploring how blockchain can take out the middleman.
- Investigating why traceability of components can help the environment.
- Looking at how DLT can create trust via smart contracts.
Keynote: Where will enterprise blockchains be in two years’ time?
- Evaluating the blockchain journey; How far we have come from the Satoshi Nakamoto white paper.
- Examining the hype cycle across relevant industries.
- Have we had our eureka moment yet?
- Who wants to go first? Lead or follow; Which is the best strategy?
Project Lead for Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology
World Economic Forum
Panel: Blockchain as a Team Sport – “Coopetition” as the key to streamlining trading on the supply chain
- Blockchain; The ultimate solution for data exchange in the trade supply chain.
- Communal effort for long term competitiveness; Interoperability between applications.
- Fail to standardise and lose; Agreeing on the digital language, data format or protocol.
- Regulation to align our common goals.
Presentation: Molecular economy – Blockchain will power the future Machine to Machine economies
- Investigating why molecular economies of the future will be enabled by commonly shared ecosystem infrastructures, or eco-structures
- Understanding why molecular economies will power the core building blocks of a future value creation network
- Looking at how open data, decentralised governance and trust in a decentralised manner is resulting in novel value propositions that do not exist today.
Keynote: Harnessing the Value of Data via Self-Sovereign Identity
- Good and bad cases of losing our identity – why taking back our data identity is the key to the future?
- How we can stop our privacy being extorted?
- Humans create data and value; How can we take back the power?
- Exploring the connection for identity between AI, IoT and blockchain.
Panel: Will Corporate Competitive Culture Trump or Boost the Possibilities of Public Blockchains?
- Public vs. private blockchain in enterprise – is it time to rethink the strategy?
- A dive into the key issues with interoperability
- Stifling the ecosystem; How do we share the value of a network?
- Brave brands taking the leap; Lessons learned.
Presentation: Tackling Global Transformation by Enabling Mobility through Blockchain
- Changing digital strategy – getting ahead in the rapid digital world of mobility.
- Looking at how to enable radical transformation from within.
- Exploring blockchains impact on the automotive industry ecosystem; manufacturers, dealers, suppliers, and customers.
- Examining the potential for a brave new world of connectivity.
Keynote: Blockchain, Delivering Measurable Business Value
- Understand how to measure future ROI from a blockchain solution.
- Identifying your KPI’s in a blockchain project.
- Finding the personnel with the right skill and mindset.
- Driving over the bumps and staying on track to the true business need.
Presentation: Blockchain for driving innovation in aviation
- Overview of the potential, ongoing projects, and initiatives; aircraft part tracking.
- Investigating collaboration with Hyperledger.
- Incubating startups where big blockchain ideas take off.
Panel: Blockchain; The Answer to Consumer Trust
- How blockchain can bring the power back to the consumer with genuine, independently verified, traceability.
- Investigating why blockchain can leave suppliers on the supply chain with nowhere to hide.
- Understanding the value of how blockchain can be the answer to peaks and troughs in supply and demand.
- Looking at examples of the end user journey for the consumer.