28 November 2018
Blockchain for Enterprise: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: Understanding Blockchain Technologies & Markets
From Bait to Plate – Blockchain Improving Sustainability in the Fishing Industry
Panel: Food You Trust – The Role of Blockchain Within Food Tracking
- How blockchain increases traceability and transparency in the food supply chain – benefits for the supplier and customer
- Reducing or eliminating fraud and errors in the supply chain
- Case studies – success stories of using blockchain in the food trade supply chain
Panel: Blockchain and its Application in the Energy Market
- How Blockchain will contribute to a change in the business models within the energy sector, and how can it build credibility
- Examining how blockchain technology can provide some upgrades existing systems or can replace legacy ones.
- Blockchain applications for energy trading – and selling energy from your own systems
- Supporting community energy models, electricity termination, verification of green electricity certificates, and automates reading of smart meters
Case Study: Digital Transformation in a Multinational Corporation
Hear from a real life enterprise using blockchain in their processes, and discover the advantages and pitfalls of implementing blockchain for your enterprise
Panel: Blockchain in the Consumer Goods and Retail Industries
- How will the application of blockchain technology increase consumer trust through increased traceability and transparency?
- Will it reduce fraud, errors and administrative work?
- Blockchain applications possibilities in emerging markets, where customers may not bank or have access to reliable payment systems
- Case studies – success stories of using blockchain in the consumer goods and retail industries
Panel: The Use of Blockchain with Big Data
- Storing and managing patient and scientific data within the blockchain – benefits and obstacles
- Data sharing – improved privacy and security
- Increased trial visibility; automated patient consent and patient privacy
Panel: Blockchain in Logistics and Transportation
- How will blockchain technology be applied to the logistics and transportation industry?
- Discussing the advantages – Increased transparency and data sharing across the supply chain, better tracking of orders, reducing errors, better fraud detection etc.
- Discussing the challenges of adoption
- Case studies
Keynote – Blockchain in the Gaming & Betting Industry
Case Study – Gospel – The First Practical Enterprise Application of Blockchain
- Existing siloed approaches to handling sensitive corporate and personal data are broken. Insecure workarounds and shadow IT have proliferated as infrastructures have decentralised.
- Gospel uses private distributed ledger technology to secure enterprise data, and provides permissioned access to internal and external third parties on a ‘need to know’ basis, delivering an immutable record of all data transactions – ending speculative data sharing, eliminating data breaches, and complying with tough new global personal data legislation.
- Gospel offers a completely new way of accessing and controlling corporate and personal data – technology described by IDC as “the first practical enterprise application of blockchain”
Interoperability of Different Blockchain Solutions, and the Role of Standards
Panel: Building Enterprise Blockchain Applications and the Challenges Faced
- Understanding the latest technologies applications
- Examining specific industry use cases
- Examining deployment requirements when building blockchain apps
- What are the challenges to overcome in building enterprise grade applications ?
- What are the challenges of interoperability and integration of blockchain technology in enterprise?
- Can we find a common solution?
29 November 2018
Blockchain for Enterprise Day 2: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: Blockchain Technologies in the Supply Chain
Panel: Smart Contract Management & Innovation
- The evolution of smart contract management to self-execution self-enforcing contracts that greatly reduce costs and risks for individuals and businesses
- What terms or operational data should smart contracts have to be standardised?
- Understanding the legal implications of smart contracts
- Smart contract code encrypted or open ?
- How to ingest the trigger event to start the engine of the smart contract
- Understanding the variety of uses of smart contracts from property, m2m, legal
Case Study: The Revolution in Container Shipping
- Launch of an industry-wide supply chain solution using blockchain technology
- Blockchain powered bills of landing
- Quality control and integrity of containers
- Cost savings across the ocean shipping industry ecosystem
Panel: Real Estate: The Challenges and Opportunities of Blockchain on Property Transactions
- Understanding how the entire transaction history of the property could then be followed through the blockchain, and the benefits this presents
- Using smart contracts in real estate transactions , increasing financial verification
- Reducing risks of fraud, and tracking property history
- The opportunity for Immediate transfers without third party verification
- Creating a digital ID for every real estate assets
Blockchain and the Land Register – A New “Trust Machine”?
- The Swedish real property transaction relies on long tradition of trust
- In times of transformation the public sector need to keep up with new technology in order to keep trust
- Blockchain technology is said to be a trust machine and the Swedish Land Registry try it out
Panel: Blockchain in Manufacturing
- How will blockchain technology be applied to the manufacturing industry?
- Uses in anti-counterfeiting, airworthiness certificate tracking, & supply chain visibility
- Benefits, including improved process efficiency & optimized costs
- Case studies – success stories of using blockchain in manufacturing
Keynote: On Hyperledger’s Quest for ‘Re-Decentralisation’
- Are we now in a “Cambrian Explosion” moment of blockchain technology? Or is it time to start converging on a few winners in the field?
- What’s more important right now – open standards or open source software?
- Is the blockchain technology landscape ready for a million new developers to show up and start coding?
Panel: What are the Regulatory Implications of Using Blockchain Technologies
- The development of standards and governance for interoperable blockchains
- Do regulations need to adjust classification of currencies and commodities?
- How will regulation address taxation, money laundering, security and other issues blockchain may present
- Examining the regulation and compliance challenges of deploying blockchain technologies across industry
The Use of Blockchain to Facilitate Regulatory Harmonisation Across the Globe
- Relevance of regulatory harmonisation
- Examples of deviation, resultant fragmentation and potential commercial harm
- Economic benefits of blockchain aiding regulatory harmonisation through pharma, personal data, precision medicine
Blockchain Intelligence – Machine Learning Algorithms and Blockchain Technology
- Combination of strength in machine learning algorithms and Blockchain technology for real-time audits in production systems
- How to improve the efficiency of automated quality checks
- Advantages of immutable data and the resolving of single points of failure
- Predictive analysis of product qualities, real-time checks and forecasting
- Design of dynamical mining optimizer for security, resilience and cost as alternative of PBFT in corporate settings
Blockchain Governance for Public Administration: Benefits and Challenges for E-democracy
- Implementation hurdles at the technical and legal level
- Benefits and risks for e-democracy
- Striking a balance between public good, private initiative and technical innovation
- Case study
Panel: Blockchain for Public Services and Social Good
- Government’s role in supporting and influencing the development of blockchain technologies and its potential uses (e.g. voting, government-sponsored clean energy transactions & authenticating claims for tax incentives)
- How can blockchain be used for non-government bodies and charities? (e.g. increased transparency for fundraising)
- A look at the opportunities distributed ledger technology and smart contracts brings to increase efficiencies in both government and charities
- How is blockchain being used to tackle social problems