Day 2 - 2 December 2022
Chairperson’s Welcome: An Introduction to Tokenization and Digital Assets
An introduction to the day’s themes and key topics…
NFTs – the story so far
- From ETH Rocks to Beeple’s $7mill deal – mapping NFTs journey to success
- Crypto-collectables – when and how should a corporation mint their own token?
- Is there anything that can’t be tokenised?
- Who benefits? Use cases from different industries
The New Kid on the Block: Tokenised Real Estate
- An investor’s perspective – the trade-off between physical and virtual real estate
- Fractionalised Investments and the power to buy
- Increased liquidity and fluidity of the market – what can we expect in the future of real estate?
Keynote Panel: The Metaverse
- How do we currently understand online existence?
- The scope of possibility – what types of Metaverse are in development, and which is most likely to dominate future markets?
- Security, Tokenisation, Privacy: Blockchain’s usefulness in the Metaverse
- Is it all good? Where might virtual existence have its downfalls?
Proving provenance: the possibilities of evidencing originality
- Where will we see efficiency gains from blockchain provenance?
- Cancelling counterfeits: will any industries suffer?
- Regulatory catch up – will the courts recognise blockchain provenance?
Let’s Talk About Going Public
- Working up to ICO/IDO – the checklist for new ideas?
- How to attract attention and win over the market.
- Seize the moment – post-ICO/IDO strategy.
Giving AltCoins the Spotlight
- AltCoins – a dated name?
- The ease of coin creation and the potential consequences of market saturation
- How to recognise a good investment
Keynote Panel: The Future of Digitalised Currency
- Mapping the Growth of Digitalised Currency – Identifying Indicators of Progress
- What are the aims for digitalised currency in 2022-2025?
- The Art of Persuasion – how to bring round the critics and move closer to ubiquitous adoption
- Starting up and settling in – what is the advice for new innovators in the field?
- Smart contracts for financial accessibility – what are the user benefits of decentralised finance?
- What improvements will we see with DeFi 2.0?
- Footprint analytics – what types of DeFi projects are looking to dominate the market share in the coming year?
Moderator: . Alex Nascimento, Founder - Blockchain at UCLA | Co-Founder , UCLA | 7CC Blockchain Investments
Adoption and Optimization of CBDCs
- Why are some rich countries hesitant to adopt Central Bank Digital Currencies?
- On-boarding problems – what infrastructural adjustments are required to adopt a CBDC?
- Wholesale, or retail, or both?
- Use cases – what can we learn from countries who already have CBDCs?
The Absence of Regulation in the Digital Assets Landscape
- The progress so far – why are regulatory bodies nervous to approach the crypto world?
- Future potentials of a governed space – how would better regulation enhance capabilities of digital asset companies?
- Fiscal policy and a growing crypto economy – the pros and cons of taxing crypto-assets