Day 2 - 2 December 2022
Chairperson’s Welcome: An Introduction to Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets in 2022
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Head of Market Data + Services
10:15AM - Day 2
Presentation: An Institutional Shift
To follow soon …
. Alireza Dorfard, Head of Market Data + Services, Deutsche Börse
Keynote: The Future of Digitalised Currency
- Mapping the Growth of Digitalised Currency – Identifying Indicators of Progress.
- What are the aims for digitalised currency in 2022-2025?
- The Art of Persuasion – how to bring round the critics and move closer to ubiquitous adoption.
- Starting up and settling in – what is the advice for new innovators in the field?
Panel: CBDC Focused Panel
To Follow Soon…
Presentation: Adoption and Optimisation of CBDCs
- Britcoin or Shitcoin – Why are some rich countries hesitant to adopt Central Bank Digital Currencies?
- On-boarding problems – what infrastructural adjustments are required to adopt a CBDC?
- Wholesale, or retail, or both?
- Use cases – what can we learn from countries who already have CBDCs?
Presentation: The Exchange Game – Who to Trust?
- In line with current digital assets trends, which exchange functions are likely to become more popular this year?
- DEX’s – an autonomous utopia or the wild west?
- Making Crypto Accessible – how essential is platform usability, and should there be more emphasis on education?
Networking & Lunch Break
Presentation: Industry Use-case
To follow soon …
Presentation: Giving AltCoins the Spotlight
- AltCoins – a dated name?
- The ease of coin creation and the potential consequences of market saturation
- How to recognise a good investment
Presentation: Pushing BitCoin into the Mainstream
- Will we see more major companies adopting Bitcoin as a legal tender?
- How can retail banks keep up?
- Health and Safety – Is there increased security risk in cutting out intermediaries?
Presentation: Let’s Talk About Going Public
- Working up to ICO/IDO – the checklist for new ideas?
- How to attract attention and win over the market
- Siezing the moment – post-ICO/IDO strategy
Standard Chartered Bank Representative
03:00PM - Day 2
Panel: The Absence of Regulation in the Digital Assets Landscape
- The progress so far – why are regulatory bodies nervous to approach the crypto world?
- Future potentials of a governed space – how would better regulation enhance capabilities of digital asset companies?
- Fiscal policy and a growing crypto economy – the pros and cons of taxing crypto-assets.
. Standard Chartered Bank Representative, ,
Presentation: Achieving ‘safe’ DeFi – does decentralised finance need a Basel Framework?
- Risk-based taxonomy of crypto assets and blockchain networks: Should the Basel Framework be supplemented with rules that address DLT specific risks?
- What are key drivers of DLT risk and how do they fit in the existing categories of credit, market, liquidity and operational risk?
- Could this framework also be applied to support the uptake of CBDCs as resilient on/off ramps to the DeFi ecosystem and how does this future challenge the current stablecoin status quo?
. Erwin Voloder, Economist, European Blockchain Association
. Dr. Martin Schulte, Member, European Blockchain Association