Day 2 - 18 March 2020
Fintech & Regulation: Chair’s Welcome & Opening Remarks
Keynote: Investors back in the driving seat: The evolution of the innovation investment market
Blockchain is the biggest disruptor in the investment industry has ever seen. Here we will take a look inside the industry to see how tokenization & innovation is changing investment as we know it.
Blockchain: Shaking up the Insurance Industry
Blockchain to the rescue! Examples of how blockchain is disrupting the insurance industry.
Panel: The new era of Digital Assets: The Tokenisation of Everything
- Real-life examples of tokenized investment success stories
- Investment for the masses – Examination of the level of untapped wealth that tokenization is in the process of unlocking
- A look at how firms are tokenizing their physical assets & using smart contracts
- What role do the Exchange Platforms play in the token revolution?
Strategic planning for blockchain & the future of finance
How do we ride out the disruption & come out on top?
DLT: Turning Theory into Practice in the Pensions industry
Here we will receive case studies from a large-scale pension provider. We will identify why blockchain technology has big potential in this sector to really shake up the industry.
Co-Head of European Government Affairs - Innovation Strategy & Advocacy
02:00PM - Day 2
Panel: The New Movement of Crypto Assets & “DeFi” – Decentralised Finance
- Examples of liquidizing untapped real-world assets to unlock new marketplaces
- Investigation into the issues with Traditional investment?
- How to decipher the World of Tokenization? ICOs, STOs, IEOs, Stable coins
- What is DeFi? Understanding the decentralized finance landscape
- Regulations & increased security around tradable assets & new currency
Navigating the Regulation mine field
- How has transformational technology pushed regulatory boundaries
- Breaking it down – what is the stance on blockchain?
- Geographic influences – who should we be adhering to?
- How do we stay on the ball? Working together to a common aim. Planning for the future.
- The effects of regulation – the ball & chain or the catapult?
Panel: Unleashing the potential of blockchain in the finance industry
- What problems have blockchain technologies already solved in finance?
- Collaboration between FinTech’s & banks on the big innovation drive
- Implementation: Moving blockchains from private to public
- Looking ahead: When can we realistically hope to see widespread adoption?
Blockchain: Fostering development across the Emerging Markets
Investigation as to the potential opportunities in the developing world. How we can use technology & innovation to the best of their abilities & why the emerging markets lend themselves so well to fast adoption.