Day 1 - 18 April 2018
Developing Blockchain Applications: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Why Peer to Peer Lending is the killer app for Ethereum
- How to get paid 5% interest on your crypto.
- How to pick a good ICO
Decentralized Technologies Lead at Indorse and CTO and Co-founder of workonblockchain.com
Panel : How can developers make the most of the blockchain opportunity?
- Examining open source blockchain development
- How to develop scalable solutions
- Building in security around regulatory compliance and accountability
- Leverage existing codebases, workflows, and development ecosystems
- Getting started with a highly scalable Ethereum compliant blockchain
GXS Foundation Ltd
Keynote: Building Data Economy Ecosystem
- Key parts in this ecosystem (Consumers, Businesses and Developers)
- Three challenges to enable this ecosystem fully functioning (Users, Applications and data exchange platform)
- Two applications to empower individuals to monetize their own data with full control
- User case regarding two applications in China
- Key security consideration from GXS’ view
The eXpandable AI Network as an embedded system demonstrated in the Porsche Vehicle Network
- Integration and focus on embedded systems: Processor clients as a secure gateway inside embedded hardware, suitable for machines & vehicles (showcase of Porsche Panamera integration)
- Proof of Kernel Work: Energy-efficient consensus algorithm suitable for microcontrollers, ECUs, etc. in different machine types
- Efficient data structure of 3 different clients: Initiators, Processors & Loggers combined with proxy re-encryption & IPFS
- Lundbaek-Steiner-Huth protocol: User & method based access control framework for fast and privacy-preserving platform integrations in device networks
Developing smart contracts in C# using Stratis
- Developing and deploying a smart contract in C# with Stratis.
- The fragile state of Solidity, the EVM and other custom execution environments for smart contracts.
- Innovation in smart contract execution: Constraining the functionality of an existing language and virtual machine (C# / .NET Core CLR), rather than building a custom execution environment.
- Leveraging the established .NET development ecosystem to provide the best developer tooling.
11:50AM - Day 1
What should inter-blockchain infrastructure look like?
- Why inter-blockchain infrastructure will usher in a new epoch for the internet
- An exploration of inter-blockchain architecture
- An introduction to some available protocols and what counts as a desirable protocol
- Use-cases and how to design inter-chain dapps and services
- Why the API ecosystem will more than likely transform into the “token ecosystem”
Head of Technology at Intellectsoft Blockchain Lab
12:20PM - Day 1
Retrospective: Witnessing the Evolution of Blockchain
- At the frontier of building blockchain applications
- Surprising barriers and unprecedented discoveries
- Insightful statistics and valuable lessons
- What to expect next
What’s the true value of Bitcoin?
Bitcoin is a revolution paving the way for ultimate global adoption of crypto currency as a replacement for fiat. The true value of bitcoin is far more than that. In this session; we will discuss the real monetization of the crypto revolution.
Business Development Manager
• Founder and Chief Executive Officer of BMC Group SPC Ltd of Blackmoon Financial Group, former co-founding partner of Flint Capital
Head of Research
CEO and founder
InvestBazar & CryptoBazar Funds
Panel: Blockchain technology from the investor’s perspective: A VC view of the marketplace
According to Markets and Markets, the global blockchain technology market is expected to rise from $210m in 2016 to $2.31bn by 2021. In this session, leading venture capitalists and investors will examine the emerging blockchain technology landscape and why there is so much attention around the sector.
- The opportunities for blockchain from an investor and VC viewpoint
- What are the advantages of blockchain to investors when compared to other emerging technologies?
- What criteria are VC’s looking for to invest in blockchain start-ups
Visioner, Software Architect
Enterprise applications using standard persistency in blockchain
- Entity Relationships as first class citizens of Blockchain
- Parallel work in Blockchain
- Concepts for infrastructures for 3rd part applications
- Regionalisation of data
Blockchain applications : hype or reality
- Hundreds of ICOs with just whitepaper
- Scalability challenges – CryptoKitties
- Hype KodakCoin , reality XcelToken.
- Why one is hype and other is reality. Single use case vs multitude of vertical integration in hospitality space.
- Two pronged strategy with permissionless ( bitcoin, ethereum) and permissioned ( quorum, hyperledger, corda)
- Infrastructure to support crypto token liquidity : Decentralized exchanges to Bancor
03:30PM - Day 1
Kinect Re-energising the Delivery of Healthcare in Africa
- Challenges of Healthcare and international Aid Delivery in Africa
- Three pillars of the Kinect solution
Blockpass – Identity for a Connected World
- How the blockchain can support identity verification of humans (KYC), objects (KYO) and connected devices (KYD)
- Building a platform-as-a-service offering shared regulatory compliance services for humans, companies, objects, and devices.
- Enabling development of new apps that need trusted connections between human, corporate, and device identities
TraXion’s Hyperledger Fabric Experience
Shen Jun Zhang
04:40PM - Day 1
Launch a new Era of the Internet
- What we believe: The Internet of Value is made up of thousands of developing enterprises instead of a few internet giants
- What we see: The Relations of Production Revolution has arrived
- What we do: We provide token-driven solutions for entrepreneurs to fully embrace the new era
- How to realize our solution: Multi-tier architecture with multi-chain and multi-asset
Founder and CEO
12:00PM - Day 1
Next generation of Blockchain ID verification
- Eliminates the need for usernames and passwords blockchain
- Using blockchain technology to authorize and validate identity, shared data is completely secure
- Streamlining identity management for the enterprise, banks, online retailers, airlines and anywhere logins are required.
Chief AI Scientist
05:10PM - Day 1
When blockchain has AI
This talk will first cover the major issue hindering a wider acceptance of blockchain technologies. On such a basis, we will briefly review the fast-growing artificial intelligence (AI) technology. Then we outline how to integrate AI with blockchain to make it faster, easier, and safer. Our proposal on leveraging the mining computer power for big data applications will also be discussed.
05:30PM - Day 1
Self-Sovereign Private Distributed Identity
- An interoperable architecture for distributed identity systems.
- Privacy by design is a must for blockchain identity systems in a GDPR world.
- YOTI’s Self-Sovereign Private Distributed Identity.
- A possible application to decentralise global internet names.
Architect and Experience Design Lead
05:50PM - Day 1
rLoop – The Power of Crowdsourced Engineering
The presentation will be around decentralising high-technology, and how that will help overcome the innovation bottleneck. Breanna will talk about how the idea of decentralising high technology led to the creation and evolution of rLoop, and how we’ve worked as a globally-distributed crowdsourced community of over 1,200, working on projects such as the hyperloop, human flight devices, and executing advanced engineering projects from concept ideation to design and prototyping resulting in processes for the future of work. rLoop is a blockchain-powered innovation platform and community that allows people to work on highly technological projects, with a focus on engineering and hardware. This leads to a discussion of how all industries can utilize the blockchain to create radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity.
Blockchain Social Club – Meet Up
Blockchain Social Club is hosting a meetup event with Ascension Protocol. They will provide a Day 1 debrief and speaker presentation summary focusing on the first day Blockchain speakers. They will conclude the event with an extended panel discussion and Q&A with a number of event speakers.