Day 2 - 26 April 2019
Blockchain Technology Solutions: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Dr Joshua Ellul
Chairman, Malta Digital Innovation Authority
Blockchain, DLT and Technology Assurances
Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technologies enable for trust to be decentralised from central points to the respective system implementation. The systems guarantee to execute the logic implemented, and (less tech savvy) users trust that the system will indeed do what is intended to do. However systems often contain bugs, and the implementation of a system may not necessarily match the specification or description which users expect it to. In this talk, we will explore how higher levels of assurances can be instilled into such decentralised applications.
The rise of token economies
- Battle between centralized & decentralized governance
- Different forms of tokens & how they are applied
- How to apply token economy models to today’s business models
Blockchain for business use cases – HR, GDPR and Transparency
- Problems and opportunities in blockchain for business
- Blockchain for business use case I
- Blockchain for business use case II
Fundamental limitations of blockchain architecture and the next generation architecture models
- How current blockchain architecture is limiting adoption
- Centralization vs security the trade off
- How blockchain can enable a truly global computer (Think super computer for cancer number crunching, mapping of the brain etc)
James J. Angel
Associate Professor of Finance
Georgetown University McDonough School of Business
Keynote Panel: What does the future hold for blockchain technology – Where will we be in 2025?
- A look into the future within enterprise
- What have the last 5 years taught us?
- Regulation – help or hindrance?
- Global impacts – social & public sector projects
World premiere: Revolutionizing the oldest industry in the world
With the use of modern technologies Gingr disrupts an industry which never felt the urge to evolve. With a purely distributed approach the pimps are cut out and the industry becomes fair and reliable. Are you ready to face the reality without censorship?
12:50PM - Day 2
Case study on the true fairtrade coffee supply chain
CEO & Founder
The Future Of Virtual Commerce: Under the Hood of the In-Game Items Trading Universe
– How to level-up the $100B gaming industry using DLT
– Engineering challenges of creating lightning-fast distributed commerce
– Your virtual avatar in multiple games – who should start; or the chicken and egg dilemma.
Founder of the leading platform for skins trading will share his experience of building next-gen ecommerce products based on distributed ledger technology.
Panel: Architecture behind Blockchain Solutions – A deep understanding of blockchain
- Examining open source blockchain development
- How to develop scalable solutions
- Building in security around regulatory compliance and accountability
- Leverage existing codebases, workflows, and development ecosystems
- Getting started with a highly scalable Ethereum compliant blockchain
CEO & Co-Founder
11:10AM - Day 1