19 April 2018
Blockchain Technologies Day 2: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote Panel: What does the future hold for Blockchain technology – where do we think we will be in 2030?
09:10AM - Day 2
09:10AM - Day 2
BLOK Technologies Inc.
09:10AM - Day 2
Business Architect & Co-Founder
09:10AM - Day 2
- Integration with existing Enterprise Information Systems
- User data and GDPR compliance
Security Tokens in Play: What is a security token, why it matters, and why it’s not easy to issue one.
To follow soon…
Blockchain as a new infrastructure of AI – Bottos, the Ethereum of AI
10:20AM - Day 2
- The current pain point of AI development
- Blockchain as a new infrastructure
- Where Blockchain, AI and big data meet
Case Study – DataBroker DAO
Tom De Block
Blockchain solution architect
10:50AM - Day 2
It’s more than Blockchain
Vice President, Technology & Innovation
11:00AM - Day 2
02:00PM - Day 1
Blockchain is relevant for many use cases in different industries. However, it’s not magic. You need to know where and how to use it, and what else to do to get material business results. It turns out that blockchain is conceptually just a playground in a larger Software Theme Park of interoperable software.
This talk will help to demystify some things and shed light on some other things possibly lost in the hype. The content is based on lessons learned conceiving and implementing blockchain at large scale for public health and later expanded for other health and life sciences use cases. What actually works at scale, what doesn’t and where to start.
Keynote – Blockchain Interfaces: Creating secure, end-to-end industrial IoT projects by ‘blockchainifying’ the system
Chief Sales Officer
10:30AM - Day 2
11:40AM - Day 2
- How to bridge the physical/digital gap for blockchain projects
- Why have Riddle&Code designed their own blockchain hardware
- How we solve 6 of the fundamental issues of every industrial IoT project
- How to get business benefits out of a great blockchain platform including soft- AND hardware: transfer of value, smart contracting, digital underwriting and unmatched security
AI Innovation – Japan’s One Stop Shop Full Service ICO Production Company
AI Innovation Japan
12:10PM - Day 2
Mr. Ehara will describe his experience thinking through, planning for, and successfully executing his company’s ICO – and listing it on multiple exchanges; and share key learnings of what works and what doesn’t from his leading five other ICOs of companies based in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Having subsidiaries in Singapore and Myanmar, Mr. Ehara will explain the company’s expansion plans to other regional markets and how it will be able to serve the global investor community.
How blockchain will expand the art & collectibles asset class
12:20PM - Day 2
Jess will look at how blockchain technology is impacting the art world including how and why Codex Protocol and it’s industry consortium are using blockchain to tackle major challenges in the art and collectibles asset class.
Why cryptocurrency is the obvious solution to the surplus of the world’s money supply
Co-founder, Architect and CTO
12:30PM - Day 2
- The rise of the crypto market and its technical limitations
- Why neither Bitcoin nor Ethereum qualifies as a global payment system
- Why some Fintech Peer-to-Peer services will not work
- Why mortgage market will become a key driver for the Fintech industry
Future Proofing Blockchain Technology
Adam Leopold Koltun
The Quantum Resistant Ledger
12:40PM - Day 2
- Basic overview of what a signature scheme is
- What does Quantum Computing mean for Blockchain in relation to signature schemes
- How is The Quantum Resistant Ledger addressing this issue
Nexus, Blockchain Redefined and More
Global Partnerships & International Relations
12:50PM - Day 2
- The power and potential of Blockchain
- How to take this innovation into the mainstream
- Nexus and the power to impower people
- Nexus’s 3 Dimensional Blockchain
- The satellite network that can change the world
Your key to success: Gibraltar – A blockchain pioneer
01:00PM - Day 2
- The benefits of using the jurisdiction of Gibraltar to set up your blockchain company.
- Gibraltar’s new regulatory framework for Distributed Ledger Technology (“DLT”) & Initial Token Sales (“ITS”).
- How Abacus can help you set up and succeed in Gibraltar.
Shipper to Carrier Direct: Eliminating the Middlemen
01:10PM - Day 2
Learn how the Blockchain will connect Shippers to Carriers directly, cutting out expensive third party freight brokers. As well as how Blockchain’s immutable ledger will store and secure critical shipment documents.
Entertainment Will Bring Cryptocurrency Mainstream
02:10PM - Day 2
- Cryptocurrency is still in the innovator stage
- A killer application is needed for it to “cross the chasm” into mainstream adoption
- Interruption Marketing vs Permission Marketing
- Data Ownership vs Data Exploitation / GDPR
Innovator of the Game Industry
CEO & Founder
Bit Game Foundation
02:30PM - Day 2
- How does blockchain change the game industry
- Problems of blockchain games
- How does BIT.GAME SOLUTION work
- The advantage of BIT.GAME
Case Study: Aggregion
Co-Founder / Chief Executive
02:50PM - Day 2
- Aggregion platform as the universal digital licensing solution
- Capabilities and business opportunities: B2B, B2C, C2C
- Applicable use cases with major clients: Disney, Pearson, Microsoft, Tele2
- Move to blockchain: rationale and future architecture
- Combined blockchains: consortium (private) + public
Cryptocurrencies and the possible use cases
03:10PM - Day 2
- Digital asset or crypto token / coin and possible use cases.
- Requirements of a successful use case scenario.
- The steps to development of peripheral technology
- Integration with external tools and service providers from the Fin Tech world.
- The commitment to user support and effective marketing.
- The present status and future roadmap of W3Coin.
Humanizing the Blockchain: Why We Must Put the User Experience First
04:00PM - Day 2
In 2018, blockchain’s very best user interfaces still fall far short of being a cohesive experience that puts users back in control of their digital lives. If we want the decentralized Internet to achieve mass adoption, we need to put user experience first. The challenges: How can we design dApps to be as intuitive and powerful as the apps offered by today’s centralized digital superpowers, while preserving the most important benefits of decentralization? What are the conceptual hurdles in users’ minds that we need to overcome? And instead of recreating the kinds of app ecosystems we already know, could we create something even better? Cardstack founding director Chris Tse provides an emphatic yes — and explains his approach.
Decentralized Cyber Security – enhancing the quality and assurance of data protected by blockchains
04:20PM - Day 2
12:00PM - Day 1
Blockchain alone isn’t enough to provide true cybersecurity — but add it to trusted computing, and you’ve got a powerful combination that keeps an immutable record of what you’re doing while ensuring that it’s what you wanted to do. Our entire security system is centralized — that’s why Equifax and other high-profile hacking targets have been so attractive. Blockchain decentralizes that, making it more difficult to get them. But if that’s all we use, we’re negating all the other security controls we’ve developed over the past decades. There’s a need for something that makes use of both
This discussion will focus on the need for Decentralized Cyber security in partnership with blockchain. Demonstrate the benefit of provable cyber security controls assuring the data on a chain was intended and focus on the use of imbedded security to increase the quality and value of information on blockchain, IoT, Cloud services.
How counterfeited products fund terrorism and how Seal aims to combat this
Michael de Blok
04:40PM - Day 2
- Introduction on myself
- How Seal works (Video)
- How counterfeiting impacts the global economy
- How counterfeiting funds terrorism and how we’re going to combat this
- Time permitting; how we give brands the opportunity to earn money in the secondary market
A New Era In Token Sales, The GBX Journey
Group Marketing Director
Gibraltar Stock Exchange (GBX)
04:50PM - Day 2
- An institutional grade cryptocurrency exchange & token sale platform
- The GBX Grid – A new era in token sales
- Gibraltar and it’s blockchain journey
- The GBX ecosystem, the full solution