28 June 2018
Transforming Financial Services: Chairs welcome and opening comments
09:30AM - Day 2
. Noelle Acheson, Media Producer, CoinDesk
Keynote: Blockchain: turning the financial world on it’s head
Niek van Rens
Head of Innovation
ABN AMRO Bank
09:40AM - Day 2
. Niek van Rens, Head of Innovation, ABN AMRO Bank
Panel: Maximising the potential of blockchain for financial services
Operations Director, Blockchain Innovation
10:10AM - Day 2
10:10AM - Day 2
01:50PM - Day 1
- Identifying applications: what problems can blockchain technology realistically solve?
- Building partnerships: how can FinTechs and incumbents drive innovation together?
- When can we realistically hope to see widespread adoption of blockchain technology in financial services?
. Boris Spremo, Operations Director, Blockchain Innovation, BNY Mellon
. Chris Huls, Blockchain specialist, Rabobank
Nordea’s blockchain journey: separating hype from reality
Head of DLT & Blockchain
10:50AM - Day 2
- Building networks of value
- Lessons learned: governance, integration and law
- Permissioned vs. permissionless
. Ville Sointu, Head of DLT & Blockchain, Nordea
Panel: The challenges for the banking industry
Dr Herve Francois
11:40AM - Day 2
- How the financial markets will be dramatically changed by smart contracts, decentralised identity and reputation
- Building standard transaction formats to encourage enterprise blockchain apps
- Cryptocurrencies and smart contracts
- Decentralised identity and reputation
- Disintermediation and automation of processes – Enabling direct ownership and transfer of digital assets and automation of capabilities on the ledger
. Dr Herve Francois, Blockchain Lead, ING
Distributed Ledger Technology: Turning Theory into Practice
Head of Emerging Technology
The Royal Bank of Scotland
12:20AM - Day 2
. Richard Crook, Head of Emerging Technology, The Royal Bank of Scotland
The security implications of blockchain in financial services
Afternoon Keynote: Blockchain: Devolution and integration
CTO New Digital Business
02:00PM - Day 2
. Carlos Kuchkovsky, CTO New Digital Business, BBVA
Panel: Insurance – Understanding the opportunities and threats for Blockchain in the Insurance industry
- How blockchain can innovate insurance products and services for growth, increasing effectiveness in fraud detection and pricing, and reducing administrative cost.
- Examining how blockchain can address the competitive challenges many insurance providers face, including poor customer engagement, limited growth in mature markets, and the trends of digitization.
- How blockchain can facilitate growth for insurers: improving customer engagement, enabling cost-efficient product offerings for emerging markets, and enabling the development of insurance products related to the Internet of Things.
Transforming Wholesale Insurance
Examining how blockchain can address the competitive challenges many insurance providers face, including poor customer engagement, limited growth in mature markets, and the trends of digitization
Transforming Peer to peer payments
- The blockchain mobile payments revolution
- P-2-P lending – how blockchain based mobile apps are bypassing traditional banks’ paperwork and regulations
- Regulatory compliance on public transaction ledgers, to provide decentralised transactions that are secure but transparent.
- Discussing mobile blockchain wallets – is there a need for multicurrency and cross platform wallets?
- How can this technology provide universal access to secure banking?
Panel: Building partnerships to help grow financial services blockchain solutions
Vanderlande Industries B.V.
04:20PM - Day 2
. Sam Chaatouf, Treasury Manager, Vanderlande Industries B.V.