Day 2 - 21 September 2022
Chairperson’s Welcome: An Introduction to Cryptocurrency and Digital Assets in 2022
Chairperson’s welcome and opening remarks.
Presentation: The Age-Old Debate – which coins will win?
- Recognising prosperity – what are the indicators of a strong blockchain?
- What can lessons have we learnt from the last decade of cryptocurrency?
- Macro-considerations – scalability, sustainability, and scope.
. Menno Martens, Former Distributed Ledger Technology Expert, De Nederlandsche Bank
. Milan de Reede, Crypto Expert, De Nederlandsche Bank
Keynote: The Future of Digitalised Currency
- Mapping the Growth of Digitalised Currency – Identifying indicators of progress.
- What are the aims for digitalised currency in 2022-2025?
- The Art of Persuasion – how to bring round the critics and move closer to ubiquitous adoption.
- Starting up and settling in – what is the advice for new innovators in the field?
Nordea Senior Representative
11:30AM - Day 2
02:40PM - Day 1
Executive Director - Chief Digital Officer
Magyar Nemzeti Bank
11:30AM - Day 2
Director, Co-Head of Digital Assets
Citi Global Markets
11:30AM - Day 2
Panel: Integrating CBDCs into the Financial Ecosystem
- How will CBDCs function in the context of Europe, and how will this differ to the rest of the world?
- Is the European financial system ready for CBDCs?
- How might CBDCs to impact financial markets?
- What can we expect to see next for CBDCs globally?
. Nordea Senior Representative, ,
. Anikó Szombati, Executive Director - Chief Digital Officer, Magyar Nemzeti Bank
. Vasant Viswanathan, Director, Co-Head of Digital Assets, Citi Global Markets
Presentation: Adoption and Optimisation of CBDCs
- Britcoin or Shitcoin – Why are some rich countries hesitant to adopt Central Bank Digital Currencies?
- On-boarding problems – what infrastructural adjustments are required to adopt a CBDC?
- Wholesale, or retail, or both?
- Use cases – what can we learn from countries who already have CBDCs?
Presentation: The Exchange Game – Who To Trust?
- In line with current digital assets trends, which exchange functions are likely to become more popular this year?
- DEXs – an autonomous utopia or the wild west?
- Making Crypto Accessible – how essential is platform usability, and should there be more emphasis on education?
Lunch & Networking Break
Dr. Alireza Dorfard
Head of Market Data + Services
01:40PM - Day 2
Panel: DeFi 2.0
- Smart contracts for financial accessibility – what are the user benefits of decentralised finance?
- What improvements will we see with DeFi 2.0?
- Footprint analytics – what types of DeFi projects are looking to dominate the market share in the coming year?
. Dr. Alireza Dorfard, Head of Market Data + Services, Deutsche Börse
Presentation: Giving AltCoins the Spotlight
- AltCoins – a dated name?
- The ease of coin creation and the potential consequences of market saturation
- How to recognise a good investment
Presentation: Pushing BitCoin into the Mainstream
- Will we see more major companies adopting Bitcoin as a legal tender?
- How can retail banks keep up?
- Health and Safety – Is there increased security risk in cutting out intermediaries?
Presentation: Let’s Talk About Going Public
- Working up to ICO/IDO – the checklist for new ideas?
- How to attract attention and win over the market
- Seize the moment – post-ICO/IDO strategy
Product Manager, Blockchain
03:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: Connecting every school to the Internet – how blockchain can help?
More from UNICEF to follow soon…
. Gerben Kijne, Product Manager, Blockchain, UNICEF (GIGA)