Day 1 - 20 September 2022
Chairperson’s Welcome: An Introduction to Tokenization
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Presentation: NFTs – the story so far
- From ETH Rocks to Beeple’s $7mill deal – mapping NFTs journey to success.
- Crypto-collectables – when and how should a corporation mint their own token?
- Is there anything that can’t be tokenized?
- Who benefits? Use cases from different industries.
Keynote Presentation: It’s mine! – Can we make better use of tokenization to prove ownership?
- Tokenization in the creator economy – licensing, copyrighting and patenting.
- Moving to other industries – the tokenization of ideas? Or consent?
- Trusting the blockchain despite the press.
04:50PM - Day 1
11:10AM - Day 1
Keynote Panel: The Metaverse
- How do we currently understand online existence?
- The scope of possibility – what types of Metaverse are in development, and which is most likely to dominate future markets?
- Security, Tokenisation, Privacy: Blockchain’s usefulness in the Metaverse
- Is it all good? Where might virtual existence have its downfalls?
Breaking Down Barriers to Entry
A closer look at the current barriers preventing companies from getting more involved in the Metaverse and NFT landscapes.
Proving Provenance: the Possibilities of Evidencing Originality
- Where will we see efficiency gains from blockchain provenance?
- Cancelling counterfeits: will any industries suffer?
- Regulatory catch up – will the courts recognise blockchain provenance?
Self-Sovereign Identity Using Blockchain
Presentation: Decentralised Social Media Platforms
- The future of social media platforms – taking ownership of our own content.
- Are Web2.0 Social Media Networks out of date?
- Digital rewards – cryptocurrencies and NFT.
The New Kid on the Block: Tokenized Real Estate
- An investor’s perspective – the trade-off between physical and virtual real estate
- Fractionalized Investments and the power to buy
- Increased liquidity and fluidity of the market – what can we expect in the future of real estate?
Presentation: The Fragmentation Risk
- Is the emergence of ‘too many’ blockchains, the lack of cross-chain standards, and the divergence of domestic regulation putting the promising future at risk?
- What are the challenges of fragmentation?
- What is being done to mitigate Fragmentation?
Presentation: Innovation Slot 1
10-minute innovation slot
Presentation: Innovation Slot 2
10-minute innovation slot
Milan de Reede
De Nederlandsche Bank
04:10PM - Day 1
Panel: The Absence of Regulation in the Digital Assets Landscape
- The progress so far – why are regulatory bodies nervous to approach the crypto world?
- Future potentials of a governed space – how would better regulation enhance capabilities of digital asset companies?
- Fiscal policy and a growing crypto economy – the pros and cons of taxing crypto-assets.