Day 2 - 24 November 2021
Check out the expo floor before heading to your chosen conference track.
The Future of Digital Assets: Chairperson’s welcome
Opening talk – overview of sessions and highlights.
The catapult: Connecting with mainstream payment systems
- Connecting digital assets with traditional payment systems.
- Why are payment providers the key to mass crypto adoption?
- What will the decentralized financial ecosystem of the future look like?
- The race: CBDC or crypto for the new-look financial ecosystem?
Keynote: The Digital Euro: Motivations, technology and implications of CBDCs
- Creating digital twin fiat currency – why the influx of interest from central banks?
- How government acknowledgement of central bank digital currency could change the game for mass adoption of digital fiat.
- The design of CBDC and its potential implications for banks, the payments ecosystem, competition, and innovation.
Panel: 2021 – the most consequential year for crypto
- Institutions finally acknowledging crypto – traditional vs. crypto investment.
- The highs and lows of the crypto roller coaster – moving away from the “boys club” mentality and overcoming the crypto stigma.
- Bitcoin boom – why did recent events not boost fellow altcoins? Predictions for crypto in five years’ time.
- Looking back to look forward – how far has crypto come? How mainstream can crypto ever go?
Regulatory approaches to the tokenisation of assets
- Regulation milestones and implications.
- Regional differences – progress and opportunity by geography.
- Key players in tokenisation use cases – the complexities behind creating digital twins of your assets.
- What’s next for tokenised assets?
Panel: Central bank digital currencies in action
- Innovation within central banks – use cases and geographical hot spots where national currencies are being tokenised.
- Why digitise fiat currency? Disruptive or stabilising?
- Pivotal regulatory landmarks and their knock-on effect within the industry.
Afternoon Keynote: De-Fi and the future of stablecoins
- What is De-Fi – decentralised finance? Use case of the biggest decentralised finance project to date.
- Unlocking the value by enabling payments – the next steps for 2021.
- Alternative lending – the format, benefits and risks.
- Stablecoins to underpin a new era of instant value transfer.
Navigating the crypto landscape
- Top crypto trends and opportunity by geography – crypto vs. institutional investments.
- How to exchange ethically – sourcing your crypto safely and how should we manage our digital assets?
- Boom and bust – navigating the volatile landscape. Secret weapons from the inside.
De-Fi: A better solution for peer-to-peer lending
- Banking on blockchain – how do we make finance more cost-effective using blockchain?
- How can we use digital assets in corporate lending?
- The impact of regulation around decentralised finance.
End of Conference
Click to view the agenda for: Day 1 Blockchain for Enterprise
Topics include: Supply Chain | Identity | Platforms | Industry Use Cases | Government | Fintech | Trading