Day 2 - 20 June 2019
Fintech, Securities & Regulation: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Distributed Ledger Technology: Turning Theory into Practice
Blockchain and insurance
Morning Keynote: Blockchain: turning the financial world on it’s head
Panel: Maximising the potential of blockchain for financial services
- Identifying applications: what problems can blockchain technology realistically solve?
- Building partnerships: how can FinTechs and incumbents drive innovation together?
- When can we realistically hope to see widespread adoption of blockchain technology in financial services?
Crypto securities & regulation
Blockchain innovation in wealth and asset management
Blockchain for Securities Trading
Afternoon keynote: The future of regulation
Panel: Crypto and blockchain – Threat or opportunity for financial services?
- Traditional banking methods – Current dependence on centralized service providers or entities.
- Pros & cons of Decentralized Financial System. Barriers & regulation.
- Timeline of the movement. The extent & limitations on the inclusion of blockchain, crypto asset, & currencies.
- How blockchain can innovate FINTECH products & services for growth, increasing effectiveness in fraud detection & pricing, & reducing admin costs.
- Advantages of security, borderless transaction settlement, efficient payment clearance, secondary Market Trading & Clearing, Primary Market Issuance, & IPOs.