Day 2 - 20 June 2019
Fintech, Securities & Regulation: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Distributed Ledger Technology: Turning Theory into Practice
Blockchain and insurance
Morning Keynote: Blockchain: turning the financial world on it’s head
Research and Analysis Manager - Fintech & Blockchain Intelligence Service
Panel: Maximising the potential of blockchain for finance systems
- Identifying applications: what problems can blockchain technology realistically solve?
- Building partnerships: how can FinTechs and other businesses drive innovation together?
- When can we realistically hope to see widespread adoption of blockchain technology in financial systems?
Crypto securities & regulation
Head of Blockchain Competence Centre
12:40PM - Day 2
The European Financial Transparency Gateway: How blockchain can help European regulators
The European Financial Transparency Gateway (EFTG) is a pilot project at the initiative of DG FISMA, funded by the European Parliament, and with the objective of furthering the Capital Markets Union by increasing financial transparency and facilitating investor access to regulated financial information, in line with the Transparency Directive (Directive 2013/50/EU) and the EEAP regulation (Commission Delegated Regulation 2016/1437).
DG FISMA, supported by DG CNECT, decided that blockchain technology could bring distinct benefits and help address specific challenges facing this initiative, especially by clarifying concerns related to data control, liability and access rights.
Unlike classical IT architectures, a blockchain-based solution was expected to provide and maintain a secure, trustable link between data and actors in the system.
Find out how, beyond unique business functionalities, the blockchain-based implementation proved to also be cheaper and faster to develop and deploy than a custom-built system.
Co-founder & Director | Associate Professor
Blockchain Capital Limited | Manchester Metropolitan University
Panel: Blockchain and the evolution of investment
- Looking to the future of equity markets – how will asset management change?
- Tokenisation of assets – The changing behaviour of investors
- Opening up to a new marketplace of millennials
- Do we actually need the intermediaries?
Head of Crypto Assets | Co-Founder of Commerzbank's Blockchain Lab
12:00PM - Day 1
02:40PM - Day 2
Blockchain for Securities Trading
Afternoon keynote: The future of regulation
Panel: Crypto and blockchain – Threat or opportunity for financial services?
- Traditional banking methods – Current dependence on centralized service providers or entities.
- Pros & cons of Decentralized Financial System. Barriers & regulation.
- Timeline of the movement. The extent & limitations on the inclusion of blockchain, crypto asset, & currencies.
- How blockchain can innovate FINTECH products & services for growth, increasing effectiveness in fraud detection & pricing, & reducing admin costs.
- Advantages of security, borderless transaction settlement, efficient payment clearance, secondary Market Trading & Clearing, Primary Market Issuance, & IPOs.