27 June 2018
Developing Blockchain Applications: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: Understanding how blockchain applications are built
- Examining what blockchain systems can do
- What are the benefits of blockchain technologies for developers?
- Decentralization of technology, public ledger systems, immutable transactions
Panel : How can developers make the most of the blockchain opportunity?
- Examining open source blockchain development
- How to develop scalable solutions
- Building in security around regulatory compliance and accountability
- Leverage existing codebases, workflows, and development ecosystems
- Getting started with a highly scalable Ethereum compliant blockchain
Case Study 1
Securing Blockchain applications
- Building secure blockchain-based applications
- Blockchain applications do provide safety over alternative solutions, however they are one facet of a larger system that is not hack proof. How do we secure operating system environments, auditing and a myriad of other security issues
- If blockchain is to be used in multiple enterprises, what are the key security considerations?
Smart contracts embedded in IoT-enabled devices
Panel: Building enterprise Blockchain applications and the challenges faced
12:00PM - Day 1
- Understanding the latest technologies applications
- Examining specific industry use cases
- Examining deployment requirements when building blockchain apps
- What are the challenges to overcome in building enterprise grade applications ?
- What are the challenges of interoperability and integration of blockchain technology in enterprise?
- Can we find a common solution?
Building blockchain applications on the Ethereum network
- Understanding how Ethereum as a decentralized platform can help you run smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.
- Examining the latest in Ethereum design, upcoming technical developments and applications in private systems
- Exploring Ethereum as a guide for new ways of thinking about distributed systems, as well as a prototyping and simulation platform
Panel: Blockchain technology from the investor’s perspective: A VC view of the marketplace
According to Markets and Markets, the global blockchain technology market is expected to rise from $210m in 2016 to $2.31bn by 2021. In this session, leading venture capitalists and investors will examine the emerging blockchain technology landscape and why there is so much attention around the sector.
- The opportunities for blockchain from an investor and VC viewpoint
- What are the advantages of blockchain to investors when compared to other emerging technologies?
- What criteria are VC’s looking for to invest in blockchain start-ups
Keynote: Scalability of enterprise blockchain solutions
- Transaction Volume and Storage
- Energy Consumption
How to Build a blockchain Fintech startup
- Understanding the critical role investment plays in building you’re blockchain start up
- The strategy behind building and guiding the development of ecosystems
- Creating disruptive solutions to real world problems using blockchain
How to Create Ethereum dApps by Using dApp Builder (no coding)
- Learn how to easily create and edit smart contracts with no coding skills, similar to how WordPress and Wix allow building websites.
- Create, customize, and deploy your Etherium dApp, no coding required