Day 2 - 28 June 2018
Founder & Managing Partner
09:30AM - Day 2
10:10AM - Day 2
Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Malik El Bay
10:00AM - Day 2
02:00PM - Day 2
Case study: Modum – smart contracts in medical product distribution
- Combining IoT sensors with blockchain technology to provide data integrity for transactions of physical products
- Streamlining supply chain processes with smart contracts in the Ethereum blockchain
- Full cycle control from notifications to payment and release whilst making sure the transaction meets all of the standards set out by you, your clients and the regulator
Matthew Van Niekerk
Founder & CEO
10:15AM - Day 2
Case study: Settlemint – connecting companies to distributed ledgers
SettleMint removes the complexity of distributed technologies for organisations. It offers modular blockchain middleware solutions that enable organisations to focus on their front end applications and customer experience while SettleMint’s middleware connects them to distributed (ledger) technologies.
To demonstrate the versatility of their middleware solutions, SettleMint has created the following end user applications:
1. DataBroker, a blockchain based marketplace for IoT sensor data (https://settlemint.io/databroker/);
2. BallotBox, a blockchain voting application for elections (https://us2016.settlemint.io) and is currently developing a proxy voting variant and a governance use case of BallotBox;
3. Notary, a blockchain document registration and management application for notarial deeds (https://notary.settlemint.io) and is currently working on a land registration and title transfer use case application of Notary;
4. IdentiMint, a blockchain based self-sovereign identity management platform for KYC / KYB procedures during client on-boarding (https://identimint.settlemint.io/);
Founder and CEO
10:30AM - Day 2
Case study: Travacoin – the blockchain revolution for airlines
If a flight is delayed for a long time or cancelled, airlines based in, or flying through the EU are obliged under EU Reg 261 to compensate passengers for the inconvenience – up to €600 per passenger.
Airlines currently resist this or pay slowly, generating conflict and losing passenger loyalty and repeat business, while also creating big opportunities for intermediaries.
Travacoin is a Blockchain based crypto-currency that will use “Smart Contracts” to enable airlines to compensate and refund passengers. The payment will be designed in such a way as to incentivise passengers to reinvest in new flights and/or ancillary services.
10:45AM - Day 2
Case study: Somish – Blockchain backed P2P Insurance, Aviation Maintenance & Subsidy Distribution
- P2P Insurance Mutual : Bringing back insurance in a very cost efficient way by allowing individuals to form groups that can share risk at affordable costs using Ethereum Public Blockchain
- Aviation Maintenance : Single Version of Truth for OEM, MRO, Aircraft, Airline & Aviation Authorities efficiently reducing operating costs & layover times for airlines, thereby increasing net profits Being built on Permissioned Blockchain
- Subsidy Distribution : Public Distribution System for Governments in the emerging markets that provides assured and accurate end utilization enabling Transparency, Traceability & Standardization
Case study: Agrello – smart-contract-based legal agreements
Co-Founder and CEO
11:15AM - Day 2
Case study: Solarchange – Blockchain for the renewable energy market
SolarChange leverages cutting edge disruptive technology, including blockchain and machine learning, to create an unparalleled reliable, comprehensive and potentially unlimited data platform for the renewable energy market. Utility companies, grid operators and users alike can obtain real time energy tracking while global trade markets can benefit from such accurate and real time data. Smart predictions, insights and forecasts will be taken to a new level with our proprietary technology. Ultimately, stakeholders in the energy universe will be able to drive efficiencies, save millions and impact the global renewable energy marketplace
11:30AM - Day 2
Case study: JAAK – Connecting the media industry via blockchain
- Connecting songs, films, and TV shows directly to the artists, producers, writers, and organisations that create, own and distribute them
- Smart Content or the simpler framework for licensing media on the web that will unlock a world of new content experiences and untapped value opportunities for the entire media industry
- Cheaper, faster and easier to capture, manage and exchange metadata between organisations as well as making content on the web easy to find, license, and pay.
Chief Executive Officer
Stratence Partners Limited
11:45AM - Day 2
12:10PM - Day 1
Case study: Stratence Partners – moving your company to blockchain
- Stratence Partners is a Consulting, Systems and Outsourcing Company, with recognized expertise and experience in helping the Organizations to optimize their Strategy, enhance their Commercial Effectiveness and move towards sustainable Pricing Excellence
- We leverage well known Methodologies for Change Management and Profitable Growth, integrating disruptive technologies along the Value Chain of our Customers: Big Data, Strategic Markets & Products Dynamic Modelling, Advanced Insights Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Rules Engine, Sales Force Field Cockpit, Private & Blockchain as a Service Solutions
- On the Blockchain part, Stratence Partners is having a shareholder and partner relationship with godzilion.io, one of the already fully up and running leading Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) provider
Head of Communications
01:05PM - Day 2
Case study: SONM – the universal fog supercomputer
SONM provides the possibility to solve non-deterministic tasks such as following:
– Site hosting
– Game servers
– Rendering video and CGI
– Web apps
– Neural Networks projects
Fog computing implemented in SONM provides a cheaper solution than private and monopolized cloud (Amazon, Microsoft, Google Cloud, Digital Ocean, etc.) because of lower traffic expenses and no need for administration (buildings, staff, infrastructure).
Case study: Validity Labs – Switzerland’s first blockchain school
Validity Labs is a Swiss based premier education & consulting firm delivering high quality enterprise workshops to a generation of developers that leverage blockchain technology to improve how people trade, make contracts, build organisations and organize societies. We educate patrons so they can adapt early and exploit opportunities rather than being rolled over by the blockchain wave. Our courses, workshops and seminars provide hands-on education about smart contracts and the technology stack beneath it.
01:35PM - Day 2
Case study: Boost – web development backed by blockchain
UI/UX DESIGN and WEB DEVELOPMENT backed by blockchain
01:50PM - Day 2
Case study: Dao Casino – gaming on the chain
In online gaming there are three main points where the trust can be exploited in the games (PRNG determining game results) centrally manages user account balances, and distribution of value vs contribution of value (that is typical to any industry, music, manufacturing etc)
Ethereum offers a good technology to solve it, because that’s exactly what smart contracts allows us to do – automate parts where trust is usually concentrated. While traditional online gambling industry requires expensive and exhausting continuous regulatory checks and certification in order to make it fair, that only large established companies can afford, integrity of data and code that Ethereum allows to make it fair by design. One of the main reasons why anyone on the internet can’t, legally speaking, be a casino is there was no way to create casinos that can’t cheat. Even though, not so many develop for Ethereum, games are a very popular application already.
DAO.Casino team decided to utilise integrity of data and code that Ethereum provides to cover all three layers:
Fair games, incorruptible account balances (that is really a bonus that comes with Ethereum based token balances), but also automatic distribution of rewards to all the contributors. All of it enables a new form of gambling industry, foundation for p2p markets and better customer protection.
We would like to present some components that we have designed and developed so far: PRNG method, reward system and a test UI.
02:05PM - Day 2
Case study: iEx.ec – blockchain based distributed cloud computing
iEx.ec aims at providing distributed applications running on the blockchain a scalable, secure and easy access to the services, the data-sets and the computing resources they need. This technology relies on the Ethereum smart contracts and allows building a virtual Cloud infrastructure that provides high-performance computing services on demand.
We can now organize decentralized infrastructures and market places, where everyone will be able to rent its computing resources (CPU, storage, GPU, …), where the innovative SMEs which design Big Data and HPC applications will be able to sell them online immediately with the needed resources to run them, and where highly valued data-sets will be rentable with a fine-grain business model. Moreover, because the blockchain provides distributed consensus and resiliency while being fully distributed, we think that it’s going to change drastically the way we design distributed systems and applications.
Founder and CEO
02:20PM - Day 2
Case study: ClearKarma – blockchain backed food traceability
ClearKarma paves the way for end-to-end traceability for ingredients used in the food industry, linking you to everyone else in the food supply-chain, all the way down to the consumer. Our cloud-based platform offers a global standard of trusted food information to verify and keep the history of all updates on the blockchain.
ClearKarma’s work collecting and structuring food Big Data will result in transparency on food content and origin traceability from farmer to consumer, allergen & special diets detection and a multilingual restaurant menu portal.
Earlybird Venture Capital
02:50PM - Day 2
Venture Capital Analyst
bmp Beteiligungsmanagement AG
02:50PM - Day 2
Co-Founder & CEO
02:50PM - Day 2
PANEL DISCUSSION: Blockchain from the investor’s perspective: A VC view of the marketplace
- The opportunities for blockchain from an investor and VC viewpoint
- What are the advantages of blockchain to investors when compared to other emerging technologies?
- What criteria are VC’s looking for to invest in blockchain start-ups
03:20PM - Day 2
Case study: Satoshi School
At Satoshi School we teach you how to use BitCoins and Blockchain for home, what it can do to your company and how much money you will save each month on to blockchain’s transactions and bitcoin fees.
03:35PM - Day 2
Case study: StromDAO – blockchain for the energy sector
- How it fits into the bigger picture
- What kind of applications can be build on top of it
- How to use it / participate
Lee Gibson Grant
03:55PM - Day 2
Case study: DTX – Telecommunications National Infrastructure project secured by Blockchain Technology
DT X is the future next generation of Telecommunication infrastructure merged with blockchain technology from which will make IOT and blockchain applications easier and more secure and more robust.
Education 4.0: Learning inclusion Telecommunication 4.0: Infrastructure Blockchain 4.0: Security & Transparency Energy 4.0: Smart Metering Banking 4.0: Financial Inclusion Industry 4.0: Smart Cities