Day 1 - 19 June 2019
Blockchain Platforms & Strategies: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: Leveraging the correct platform for your business needs
Hurdles to overcome moving from Pilot to POC
Panel: The benefits and challenges of incorporating blockchain platforms into your business model
- What competencies can blockchain technology deliver to business?
- Implementing a successful strategy
- What other hurdles must be overcome for full adoption?
Panel: Governance and regulation in Blockchain business networks
- Challenges blockchain technology presents for legislators and governments
- The establishment of regulation and standards for interoperable blockchains – case examples
- How will these address issues blockchain technology may present?
- Examining the regulation and compliance challenges of deploying blockchain technologies across industry
Unravelling the maze of providers – what works for your business
Developing prototypes for blockchain services
Afternoon keynote: Building and operating an enterprise ready blockchain platform
Panel: The race towards Interoperability
- Achieving the balance – discussing the trade-off between blockchain platforms security, privacy, efficiency, flexibility, ease of use, reliability and governance
- What is Interoperability and how will it benefit blockchain users?
- The ability to interoperate between blockchain platforms to achieve the balance– challenges and benefits.
Permissioned and permissionless ledgers
Blockchain as a service (BaaS) platforms
Panel: Closing the Strategy gap – what next?
Now blockchain technology has been identified to have the possibly to solve some of the most pressing problems in business and society today, there is a large gap in these ideas becoming reality, mainly due to lack of effective strategy. Companies need to dismantle and re-evaluate old conceptions and business models for using the technology – but where to start?