27 June 2018
Blockchain for Enterprise: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: Understanding Blockchain Technologies & Markets
Case Study – Blockchain in action
A leading Blockchain developer will discuss how it is working with enterprise to develop tailored solutions utilising the power of Blockchain.
Panel: Building enterprise Blockchain applications and the challenges faced
- Understanding the latest technologies applications
- Examining specific industry use cases
- Examining deployment requirements when building blockchain apps
- What are the challenges to overcome in building enterprise grade applications ?
- What are the challenges of interoperability and integration of blockchain technology in enterprise?
- Can we find a common solution?
Panel: Blockchain and its application in the energy market
- How Blockchain will contribute to a change in the business models within the energy sector, and how can it build credibility
- Examining how blockchain technology can provide some upgrades existing systems or can replace legacy ones.
- Blockchain applications for energy trading – and selling energy from your own systems
- Supporting community energy models, electricity termination, verification of green electricity certificates, and automates reading of smart meters
Case Study: Digital transformation in a multinational corporation
Hear from a real life enterprise using blockchain in their processes, and discover the advantages and pitfalls of implementing blockchain for your enterprise
Panel: Blockchain in the consumer goods and retail industries
- How will the application of blockchain technology increase consumer trust through increased traceability and transparency?
- Will it reduce fraud, errors and administrative work?
- Blockchain applications possibilities in emerging markets, where customers may not bank or have access to reliable payment systems
- Case studies – success stories of using blockchain in the consumer goods and retail industrie
Panel: Blockchain in the healthcare system
- Moving patient data within the blockchain
- Data sharing in healthcare – patient privacy and security
- Increased trial visibility; automated patient consent and patient privacy
Panel: Blockchain in logistics and transportation
- How will blockchain technology be applied to the logistics and transportation industry?
- Discussing the advantages – Increased transparency and data sharing across the supply chain, better tracking of orders, reducing errors, better fraud detection etc.
- Discussing the challenges of adoptation
- Case studies
Keynote – Blockchain in the gaming & betting industry
Case Study: Media and rights management
Panel: Blockchain for the entertainment industry
- What entertainment sectors will be affected by blockchain technology?
- Discussing how Blockchain is transforming publishing, monetization and the relationship of artists/creators with their communities of fans
- How blockchain can prevent piracy
- Supporting micropayments that can be processed without the need for an intermediary payment network or its fees.
- What is the potential future influence of blockchain within the entertainment industry?
28 June 2018
Blockchain for Enterprise Day 2: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: Blockchain technologies in the supply chain
Panel: Food you trust – The role of Blockchain within food tracking
- How blockchain increases traceability and transparency in the food supply chain – benefits for the supplier and customer
- Reducing or eliminating fraud and errors in the supply chain
- Case studies – success stories of using blockchain in the food trade supply chain
Panel: Smart Contract Management & Innovation
- The evolution of smart contract management to self-execution self-enforcing contracts that greatly reduce costs and risks for individuals and businesses
- What terms or operational data should smart contracts have to be standardised?
- Understanding the legal implications of smart contracts
- Smart contract code encrypted or open ?
- How to ingest the trigger event to start the engine of the smart contract
- Understanding the variety of uses of smart contracts from property, m2m, legal
Panel: Real Estate: The challenges and opportunities of Blockchain on Property Transactions
- Understanding how the entire transaction history of the property could then be followed through the blockchain, and the benefits this presents
- Using smart contracts in real estate transactions , increasing financial verification
- Reducing risks of fraud, and tracking property history
- The opportunity for Immediate transfers without third party verification
- Creating a digital ID for every real estate assets
Case study: The revolution in container shipping
- Launch of an industry-wide supply chain solution using blockchain technology
- Blockchain powered bills of landing
- Quality control and integrity of containers
- Cost savings across the ocean shipping industry ecosystem
Panel: What are the regulatory implications of using blockchain technologies
- The development of standards and governance for interoperable blockchains
- Do regulations need to adjust classification of currencies and commodities?
- How will regulation address taxation, money laundering, security and other issues blockchain may present
- Examining the regulation and compliance challenges of deploying blockchain technologies across industry
Afternoon Keynote: Telecoms – Blockchain and the Telecoms marketplace
- Understanding the blockchain opportunities for the telecoms marketplace
- Examining next-generation blockchains and their impact on telecoms operational areas including billing, eSIM provisioning, number portability databases and mobile money.
- What are the different use cases from OSS and BSS processes, Connectivity provisioning and roaming to identity management, smart cites, and mobile money.
- Barriers to adoption of blockchain in the telecoms industry?
Panel: Blockchain in manufacturing
- How will blockchain technology be applied to the manufacturing industry?
- Uses in anti-counterfeiting, airworthiness certificate tracking, & supply chain visibility
- Benefits, including improved process efficiency & optimized costs
- Case studies – success stories of using blockchain in manufacturing
Government Blockchains – Examining public services & the opportunity blockchain technology presents
- What is the role for government in supporting the development of distributed ledgers to develop a clear vision of how this technology can improve the way government does its business
- Use of blockchain for voting and/or sentiment polling, government-sponsored clean energy transactions & authenticating claims for tax incentives
- Exploring the use of smart contract applications for use in a government administration systems.
- Governments role in supporting and influencing the development of economic activity with blockchain technologies
- How Government Data Service should lead work in government as a user of distributed ledgers
Panel: Blockchain for public services and social good
- Government’s role in supporting and influencing the development of blockchain technologies and its potential uses (e.g. voting, government-sponsored clean energy transactions & authenticating claims for tax incentives)
- How can blockchain be used for non-government bodies and charities? (e.g. increased transparency for fundraising)
- A look at the opportunities distributed ledger technology and smart contracts brings to increase efficiencies in both government and charities
- How is blockchain being used to tackle social problems