Day 2 - 21 September 2022
Chairperson’s Welcome: An Introduction to Blockchain for Enterprise
A run through of the day’s events and key topics covered
Associate Director – Blockchain for Pharma Supply Excellence
10:15AM - Day 2
03:10PM - Day 1
Presentation: Blockchain for the Pharma Supply Chain
- Hong Kong case study – key lessons learnt.
- Preventing counterfeit drugs within blockchain technology.
- The end of the counterfeit?
. Alex Popa, Associate Director – Blockchain for Pharma Supply Excellence, MSD
Keynote Presentation: Smart Contracts and Their Expanding Functionality
- Understanding the potential of automated protocols.
- Decisions about Decisions – the difficulty of predetermining conditions within a smart contract.
- The risks of automation – where can it go wrong?
Presentation: Comparing Public, Private and Permissioned Blockchains
- Is a public blockchain a purist approach to consensus-based technology?
- Community vs individual control – what configures best with business interest?
- Allowing connectivity between stakeholders – what does this mean for enterprise?
End of day
Afternoon Keynote Presentation: ‘Greenifying Blockchain’ – Overcoming the Stigma
- Carbon offsetting as an option for all enterprises?
- Moving to proof-of-stake – the reality of technological infrastructure change.
- Positive externalities and impact.
Panel: Blockchain for Supply Chain Management
- Contract compliance, cutting costs and increasing security – the benefits of using blockchain across the supply chain.
- Overcoming problems – what are some of the problems that may arise when implementing blockchain technologies globally?
- Steep start-up costs – is it worth taking the leap? Success stories in the Supply Chain Space.
Moderator: . Brian Heinen, Founder, Blockchain In Europe
Presentation: No longer a bumpy ride – Innovation for On-Boarding
- Investing into BaaS – how software can help you on your blockchain journey
- What options are out there?
- The gaps in the market – what difficulties have yet to be overcome?
Women in TechEx Panel: A Tidal Wave of Disruption – Connecting New Technologies Within a Blockchain Context
- AI and Blockchain: the complexities of the trade-off between efficiency and functionality
- The prosperous partnership of IoT and Blockchain – what does the future look like?
- How does 5G compliment blockchain the process of market expansion?
Presentation: Blockchain and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Which SDG indicators can be worked towards through the use of DLT?
- The trade-off between investments – on-boarding distributed ledger technology or investing in more traditional tools for social impact.
- Face value – what do stakeholders think of blockchain in the name of social good.
Introducing Codos Network
Building Better – Blockchain for Sustainability
- A maker’s Mark – how can blockchain make us more conscious consumers?
- Improving the circular economy and traceability with blockchain technology.